HOVON HO29 AML
- HO29 AML / SAKK 30/95
- Included patients:
- Active sites:
0(of 35)35 sites are pending
Remission Induction Chemotherapy with or without rHuG-CSF (lenograstim) sensitization.
Marrow Ablative Chemotherapy plus Autologous Peripheral Progenitor/Stem Cell Transplantation (PBSCT) versus Chemotherapy.
- Prospective randomized Phase III study
- Monitoring Type:
- Inclusion Criteria:
- Patients with newly diagnosed de novo AML.
- Age 15-60 years inclusive.
- Patients have given infomed consent.
- Leucocytosis is not an exclusion criterium, but it will require postponement of G-CSF administration until WBC have declined to 20 x 109/l on chemotherapy.
- Exclusion Criteria:
A concurrent active malignancy, except stage I cervix carcinoma and basocellular carcinoma.
- Previous treatment with chemotherapy.
- Leukemia following from a documented myelodysplasia with a duration of more than 6 months.
- Blastic crisis of chronic myeloid leukemia or leukemia developing from myeloproliferative diseases.
- Renal or liver function abnormalities.
- HIV positive serology.
- Severe cardiac, pulmonary or neurologic disease.